Please take a few minutes and review the ArtSelect policy. If you have any questions, please contact us. If you do not accept this policy, ArtSelect may not be able to provide you with our services. Accordingly, you may close your account here.
About this Policy
By accessing or using ArtSelect services, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
ArtSelect and privacy
Your privacy is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure. ArtSelect.com.au is bound by the Privacy Act (1988).
Collection. Information posted on ArtSelect is obviously publicly available. Our servers are located in Australia. Therefore, if you choose to provide us with personal information, you are consenting to ArtSelect 's collection, use, disclosure of your personal information and to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers in Australia. ArtSelect collects and stores the following personal information:
- Your name, email address, phone number, contact details, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information (credit card and bank account details);
- computer sign-on data, user ID’s and passwords, statistics on page views, traffic to and from ArtSelect and ad data (all through cookies - you can take steps to disable the cookies on your browser although this is likely to affect your ability to use the site);
- other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
Use. ArtSelect uses users personal information to:
- provide our services
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- encourage safe trading and enforce our policies;
- customize, measure, and improve user experience and our services, content, and advertising
- deliver targeted marketing, service updates and promotional offers to you according to your preferences;
- do other things for users as described when ArtSelect collects the information.
- to research, develop and improve ArtSelect services
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with ArtSelect services
Disclosure. ArtSelect doesn't sell or rent users personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without users explicit consent. ArtSelect may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a posting or other content violates other's rights, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. ArtSelect may also share personal information with:
- corporate affiliates who help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services. (Our corporate affiliates will market only to users who ask them to).
- service providers who help with our business operations.
- third-party websites and publishers of ads (or the content of the ads) published on ArtSelect can also be published on a broader array of venues or information vehicles.
- government and regulatory authorities as required by law
How is personal information collected
ArtSelect collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information directly to ArtSelect in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise)
- directly from you when you communicate with ArtSelect or any other person using ArtSelect Communications Services
- from third parties such as:
- ArtSelect related companies; resellers of ArtSelect services and service providers to ArtSelect
- operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising on the ArtSelect network
- from organisations identified or described under the heading "How is personal information disclosed"
What if you don't provide personal information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, ArtSelect may not be able to provide you with the full range of ArtSelect services.
ArtSelect may use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires (typically between 30and 90 days).
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- You are always free to decline cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services. For more information on your choices about accepting cookies, consult your browser help function.
ArtSelect sometimes work with service providers who may place cookies on your computer to serve and measure the effectiveness of ads on our or our advertising partners behalf and collect anonymous information about how you use websites owned by ArtSelect Pty Ltd. This information allows them to help us customize our content and advertising. ArtSelect does not allow these companies to collect any personal information about you using these cookies.
Persistent cookies may be used to identify the sites you visit on ArtSelect.com.au and to personalise the advertising that you see when you make future visits to that site or other sites. You may adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled ArtSelect may not be able to provide you with the full range of ArtSelect services.
Cookies are also used to display relevant advertising to you based on your browsing behaviour, this is referred to as online behavioural advertising (OBA). If you do not wish to participate in OBA please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au. Here you can Opt Out of OBA for ArtSelect.com.au and for a number of other websites who are signatories to the Australian Best Practice Guideline for Online Behavioural Advertising. If you change your mind you can always opt in again at http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au
What if I have a problem?
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy please contact us.
How this policy changes
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published on this website.
Registration and sharing through third-party services. ArtSelect may offer single sign-on services that allow you to use third party login credentials to sign into ArtSelect, With your permission, ArtSelect may also transfer profile information contained in your third-party profile. ArtSelect may also, for your use, enable you to import information about how you are connected, as well as enable you to share information with those third-party sites (other than listings), at your discretion. If you wish to discontinue you such sharing, you will be able to do so through your preference page.
Access, Modification, and Deletion. You can see, modify or erase most of your personal information by reviewing and modifying your posting or account status page, by signing in to your account to review any personal information ArtSelect stores. There may be a charge associated with such requests but these will not exceed the amounts permitted by law. ArtSelect deletes personal information when ArtSelect no longer needs it for the purposes we described earlier. ArtSelect retains personal information as permitted by law to resolve disputes, enforce our policies; and prevent bad guys from coming back.
Security. ArtSelect uses lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, but as you probably know, nothing's perfect, so ArtSelect makes no guarantees.
General. ArtSelect may update this policy at any time, with updates taking effect when you next use the site or after 30 days, whichever is sooner. If ArtSelect Pty Ltd are involved in a merger or acquisition, ArtSelect.com.au may share personal information with another company, but this policy will continue to apply.