ArtSelect Posting Policy
As a condition of use of ArtSelect you agree that you are at least 18 years of age.
General reasons for listings being deleted are:
- Listing breaches ArtSelect Posting Policy
- The item being offered for sale is not allowed to be sold on ArtSelect. Items which can't be posted for sale on ArtSelect include anything unrelated to art.
- The listing is a duplicate of another ad previously posted
- Listings posted in a language other than English. We only accept listings in English. It's acceptable to include a translation of your ad in another language in addition to English
- Listings posted from overseas: No overseas listings are accepted, ArtSelect is for Australian based individuals and business only.
- Listings contains external links: No external website links are allowed within your listing to other property / job / classified or auction sites
- Not descriptive enough: Listings that do not provide enough detail will be placed on hold or removed as this makes for a bad browsing experience
- Inappropriate language
- Inappropriate photo / image
- Discriminatory on race / religion / nationality / gender / etc
- Fraudulent listings defined as false, deceptive and/or misleading to buyers, including:
- artwork claiming to be created by an artist that it is not
- artwork claiming to be represented by a gallery or shop that a) it is not, b) does not exist
Please report potentially fraudulent listings via Contact Us with listings details (an id, email address) and reasons why these listings should be reviewed.
ArtSelect reserves the right to remove any listing that we feel is not relevant, or of value to the ArtSelect community, with or without notice to the seller.
There are several ways that your listing may be found to be in breach of policy and removed from the site including:
Your listing has been reported to us.
When this happens your listing may be temporarily suspended until we review it.
In most cases we email you to let you know when we have had to remove your listing. These emails sometimes get directed to junk folders so please look out for ArtSelect emails. You may wish to add ArtSelect to your safe senders list if you have one.
If you have checked out all of these possibilities and none of them apply to your listing then please let us know by clicking on Contact Us and we'll be happy to help you out.